Creating Team Vision, Mission & Values
- Discover the Differences Between Vision & Mission Statements and Why They're Both Important
- Discover What Values Are & Why They're Important
- Explore How Having Vision, Mission, and Values at the Team Level Can Be Valuable
- Ensure Alignment Between Your Team and the Larger Organization's Vision, Mission, and Values Statements
- Learn How To Engage Your Team In The Process of Creating Vision, Mission, and Values Statements
- Develop a Plan For Creating Vision, Mission, and Values Statements with Your Team
- Explore How To Put Your Vision, Mission, and Values Into Action
- Assess Your Leadership Approach and Identify Ways to Be The Change You Want to See in Your Organization
- Be leading or managing a team of people.
Are you looking for ways to engage and inspire your team? Research shows that employees are more engaged when the mission and purpose of their company makes their job feel important. In larger organizations the link between the company mission and an individual contributor's work can be tenuous. But team leaders can strengthen that link by creating team-level vision, mission, and values statements that align with the larger organization's vision, mission, and values.
This course is designed to prepare and empower you to do just that.
Having a vision is important because it paints an inspirational picture of the future that your team can work toward, providing clarity and purpose for all. Having a mission is important because it supports the vision and communicates what your team will do, for whom, to bring about the vision. The mission is particularly useful when communicating beyond your team to internal and external customers, partners, vendors, and other stakeholders. Finally, values are important because they shape the overall culture of an organization, and guide the day-to-day interactions of team members.
In this course, you will...
Connect with your intention for creating team-level vision, mission, and values statements
Identify metrics you'd like to move as a result of having done this work
Discover the differences between vision & mission statements and why they're both important
Discover what values are & why they're important
Reconnect with the vision, mission, and values for your company so you can be re-inspired and ensure alignment when you do the work with your team
Learn how to engage your team in the process of creating vision, mission, and values statements in a collaborative, inclusive way
Develop a plan to create vision, mission, and values statements with your team
Explore how to put your team vision, mission, and values into action through communication, aligning work, prioritizing work, and resolving conflicts
Assess your leadership approach and identify ways to model the behaviors you want to see in your organization
I’ve been working with leaders and teams for more than two decades as a leadership coach, consultant, facilitator, and human resources professional. The vision I hold for my work is a world where everyone is thriving in their purpose, realizing their boldest visions, and contributing to the greater good. Join me and learn how to create Vision, Mission, and Values statements with your team today.
- Leaders whose teams have been in transition and are now ready to forge a clear path forward.
- Leaders who are ready to take their teams - and their leadership - to the next level.
- Leaders who are creating a new functional area for their company.
- Leaders who are ready to clarify the value their team brings to the organization.
- Entrepreneurs who are ready to get clear about what they're offering to the world.
- Leaders whose teams have been experiencing conflict.
- Human Resources and Learning & Development professionals who are partnering with leaders to support their organization's development