Customer Success: Build Cross-Functional Relationships
What you'll learn
- Recognize why customer success is best suited to drive cross-functional efforts
- Practice strategies to work collaboratively with marketing, sales, support, services, product, finance, and leadership
- Build alignment across these teams to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Combat cross-functional challenges that commonly hinder collaboration
- There are no requirements or prerequisites for this course.
- You will get the most from this course if you are currently working in a customer-facing, corporate role.
Have you ever been frustrated because it seems like other teams inside your company don't care about customers in the same way that you do? Do you want to encourage other teams to adopt a customer focus? Do you wish that you had the ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team in order to drive a better customer experience? If you said yes to any of these questions, this is the course you're looking for!
Customer Success: Building Cross-Functional Relationships will help you understand the goals and pressures that drive other teams inside of your company, as well as the intersections between each team and Customer Success. We'll focus specifically on marketing, sales, support, services, product, finance, and leadership. This course will help you create a stronger customer experience by providing practical tips on how to engage other teams in your organization in a way that is meaningful to them. At the end of the course we'll zero in on three common blockers to building cross-functional relationships, and teach you how to combat them.
My name is Kristen Hayer, and I'm the CEO of The Success League, a customer success consulting firm. As a former sales and customer success executive, I've seen first hand how poor cross-functional relationships can negatively impact the customer experience. Over time, I learned what drives other teams inside an organization, and how to build strong relationships between groups. I'm excited to share my experience with you in this course!
I've included exercises to help you build your skills and worksheets you can start using right away. At the end of the course we provide a resources list full of books, articles and suggestions for continuing your learning on this important topic.
Building skills in cross-functional leadership will enable you to stand out as a CSM, move into management roles, and shine as a leader. This course is designed to help you build the knowledge and skills you need to grow your career in customer success. If you're ready to create more productive partnerships with teams in your company, join me in this course!
Who this course is for:
- Customer success leaders and professionals hoping to build more productive relationships across the organization
- Professionals currently working in customer-facing roles inside a company
- Anyone who wants to build better cross-functional partnerships
Kristen believes that customer success is the key to driving revenue, client retention and exceptional customer experiences. Her areas of expertise include developing success goals and metrics, designing the optimal customer journey, selecting technology, training teams, and building playbooks.
Prior to founding The Success League, Kristen built and led several award-winning customer success teams. Over the past 20 years she has been a success, sales, and marketing executive, primarily working with growth-stage tech companies. Kristen has her BA from Seattle Pacific University and her MBA from the University of Washington.