Fundamentals of Real Customer Success
- Discover why customer success matters for you, your company, and your customers
- Define what customer success is and isn't
- Explore the components of a desired outcome and how to figure out your customers' desired outcomes
- Operationalize your customers' journey by identifying success milestones, joint accountabilities, and success gaps
- Create a success potential checklist to determine good-fit customers
- Solve the underlying problems that cause churn so that it becomes a non-issue for your company
- Use customer success as a growth engine so customers stay longer, buy more, and advocate for you
- Measure success, for both yourself and your customers
- Position customer success correctly with your customers and colleagues to demonstrate the value you bring
- There are no requirements to take this course.
You're doing something, but chances are it's not REAL Customer Success.
I've built this course to help you understand customer success from the ground up. CS is not merely about managing accounts or helping your customers out when they have problems. Your job is to make sure customers get what they need from your product in the way they need it. It's a simple definition, but it takes a lot of hard work to do it the right way. Whether you're brand new to CS or experienced in the field, this course can help you identify new approaches to support your customers' objectives.
I'm your instructor, Lincoln Murphy, and I invented Customer Success. Okay, I didn't invent it, but I helped make Customer Success what it is today. From writing THE book on the subject to speaking at events around the world, most people that are in Customer Success have either learned directly from me or from someone sharing my ideas. But I don't just talk about this stuff, I actually do it, too. I've worked with hundreds of companies of all shapes and sizes around the world. And while I've helped them, I've also learned from them.
And some of what I've learned, I'll share with you, including:
Why customer success matters to your company, your customers, and you
What customer success is and isn't
The concept of the desired outcome, and how to help your customers achieve theirs
The success milestones and joint accountabilities that your customers must go through to succeed
The idea of a success potential checklist to identify good and bad-fit customers
The root causes of churn that you can eliminate to make it a non-issue
Using customer success as a growth engine
How to measure success for yourself and your customers
How to position customer success correctly for your customers and colleagues
Throughout this course, I've provided exercises to put concepts into practice immediately. To get the most out of this course, don't just listen to me talk - apply what you're learning to YOUR customers. I highly recommend you pause to do these exercises along the way, and download the templates to use on the job.
If you're ready help your customers stay longer, do more, and advocate for you, join me in this course today!
- Customer success managers (CSMs) or account managers who want to a how-to guide for CS best practices
- Those who are interested in pivoting their careers to customer success and want an overview of what the job entails
- Employees who want to learn customer-centric approaches to apply to their own work, even if they are not CSMs