How to Create a Custom Course in Udemy Business
What you'll learn
- Familiarize yourself with the course builder tool on Udemy for Business
- Explore different use cases for the course builder, and decide what you want to build
- Analyze your audience to ensure you're building content that meets their needs
- Structure your content using instructional design and accessibility best practices to facilitate learning
- Create content using your preferred medium to effectively teach your students
- Publish your course on Udemy for Business and manage and update it after it launches
- Students should have an active Udemy for Business account and access to the course builder tool.
- NOTE: The course builder feature is only available for Enterprise plan customers. If you are currently on Team Plan and interested in upgrading your account, please reach out to a member of our team.
Chances are you've already explored many of the courses we have to offer on Udemy for Business. But, did you know you could create your own custom courses? Even if you did, maybe you didn't know how to get started. This course is here to help!
Creating your own course on Udemy may seem daunting, but there are plenty of ways to use the course builder tool to serve your organization. Many customers use it to upload recordings of meetings so global employees have an easy way to access the information they may have missed. You can also use it to deliver existing training in order to reach a wider audience. Or, you can use it to make something completely new and unique for your employees.
Your three instructors for this course (Audrey Espey, Jiao Zou, and Jess Alderman) are Learning Designers at Udemy. Between us, we've worked on over 150 courses for the Udemy platform and have lots of experience working with instructors to create high-quality courses. We want to share all we've learned with you, so you can create meaningful learning experiences for your organization.
In this course, you will:
Familiarize yourself with the course builder tool on Udemy for Business
Explore different use cases for the course builder, and decide what you want to build
Analyze your audience to ensure you're building content that meets their needs
Structure your content using instructional design and accessibility best practices
Create content using your preferred medium to effectively teach your students
Publish your course on your organization's Udemy for Business platform
Along the way, we've provided tools, templates, and resources that we use when working with Udemy instructors to ensure the best course possible. We've also included activities and assignments so you can work on your own course alongside us.
If you're ready to dive into the course builder, enroll now!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in hosting proprietary training material on the Udemy for Business platform
- HR/L&D leaders and managers who want to share company information or training to their organizations or teams
- Individual contributors who want to share best practices or team resources with a wider audience
I am a Lead Learning Designer at Udemy with a background in instructional design and project management. In my time at Udemy I've work with over 100 Udemy instructors to advise them on how to create high quality courses for the Udemy catalogue. I also develop educational resources for Udemy for Business customers to help them leverage Udemy to create blended learning experiences for their organization.